Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cherish Life Home

So there, I had been jobless since 11 July 2014.
Leaving a company which I had been part of it since the day it started had left me so empty.
The place had been a place for me to cure myself during my divorce hence, it can be said I was healed emotionally by being workaholic in the company.
Thus, after back from Medan holiday, I had never felt so empty.
Still digging up the old emails and documents to fill the emptiness.
Then I plan, I plan to fill up my short holiday before new job started.
But how to make it more meaningful and not to spend money for fill up the free time?
Thus I had put Cherish Life Home in my list.
As setting up a shelter had been part of my dream when I'm a millionaire (day dreaming) one day, I guess is good for me to go to have a look at the shelter.
So once I'm back from Indonesia, I take my initiative to message them through FB as they are quite active in FB I bet they would read it.
Instead to be an ordinary volunteer, I will use my grooming skill to help groom the furkids in the shelter.
And my message is answered on 20 July. Thank god!
Heehee...after got Aunty Winnie a.k.a A Winnie's number, I called up her on Monday for direction to the shelter. At the end we met up at Dr. Goh's clinic at Taman Damai Utama, near to Puncak Jalil though it is still under Kinrara.
So this Dr.'s name had been hear many time but never met him. So I got the chance to meet him today.
I had a quick lunch with A Winnie and had a little bit char on my grooming back ground and also a pet owner.
Shared to her as well my rescue experience with MIAR too. So she also shared her bad experience with MIAR too. Sigh....some people just want fame only but not the responsibility. After chit chat for about an hour, we went to clinic to pick up Boney which can be discharge today.
When we went into clinic, saw Dr. Goh finally, wahaha...as A Winnie said, he is handsome Vet. Hhhmmm...let me think out of vets I met, he is the no.2 handsome vet. As I did dreamed to become vet before, I did show interest on the vet I met. Whahaha (*=*) blushed.....unfortunately he is married.
Hehehe....then we start our long journey from Puchong to Hulu Langat, where the shelter located.
Ok, the journey into the shelter was horror. The road is unpaved road. Wah....during that time, I really wish that I had drive a 4WD as like A Winnie Nissan Navara.
Phew....finally I make it there safely with minimal damage to my Nissan Almera. =.="
The shelter is totally different from the one I imagined it could be.
As I had a minor OCD, I always asking myself whether I can be a volunteer in the shelter as the shelter could be dirty, filthy, smelly and the dog also smell bad. Can I do that.
But to my surprise, A Winnie shelter is so difference. The big difference can be compare as there is another shelter just next door.
The first difference is the dog here is calmer. Even they bark, is bark of happiness when their mama arrived even still in car. All the dog rush out greet her.
The shelter was built very naturally not a concrete type. Though the concrete shelter look neater but it can smell bad if there is no proper cleaning.
Though there is 200 over dogs, the dogs were never too packed in an area and they roam freely in the shelter.
It is truly an experience to me. And it enlightened me that this is never an easy job.
It is a whole life responsibility. A very dignify job.
Also A Winnie had again emphasized to me RESCUE IS NOT ABOUT GLORY BUT IT IS ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITY.
These words will be imprint in my heart. So am I ready for a shelter of my own?
Gosh...to be frank I'm not ready for it. But for the moment, I will help whenever I can either help groom the dog or in monetary.

The incredible woman: A Winnie

The doggies running out to greet A winnie

Well take care doggies

Monitoring mama whereabout

The playground

And the recovery pen with special care kids

May Lord Buddha bless A Winnie with health and also help from all over place so that she can keep on helping the furkids.
Definitely, this is never an easy job.
It is an eye opener for me and maybe an experience to learn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 苹果小小世界. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase